Power Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

Solid State Member
This issue has just happened recentely. I find it very weird and puzzling. When I go to power on my computer...I have to mash down on the button pretty hard and hold my finger on it for a little while for it to power up. Sometimes it's extremely difficult to power on. This wasn't happening before...and I don't know of anything that might cause it. The pc is in great condition and has been very well kept. It's only 1 year old. Full system specs are here:
http://www.epinions.com/pr-Gateway_400S_MPN-400S_PC_Notebook/display_~full_specs

Thanks for any help in advance...I really appreciate it. :)

Edit: This pc is a notebook. I tried opening it up to find the problem...but I can't seem to get inside of it.

I can't seem to get inside of the pc. I was going to look on the reverse side of the button...but this is a laptop...After taking about 20 screws out I was still unable to open up the bottom. Thanks for your fast reply.

Oh almost forgot: When the computer has been in use for a while and I shut it down and it has been no longer than 10 minutes it will power back up instantly even when i barely push the button. But if it has been off overnight or anything...it's hard to power up I have to press the button for a long time or really hard.

It's really puzzling...If the pc is still "hot" and it hasn't been off for very long I can press the button fairly gently and it powers on immediately. If it is "cold" and has been sitting for a while, I have the problem and have to press down for a while and pretty hard and wiggle my finger around on the button.

might be a cercuit issue, transistor, loose wire, etc..

if the button turns on just fine when the computer is hot then its definitly not the button itself.

what kind of laptop do u ahve? since we know little to nothing about em.. call the manufactur up and aask them whats going on..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom