Looking for a cable tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuaziBee

Daemon Poster
I'm looking for a specific cable management device. The picture is crude but shows what it looks like, that back side is adhesive. I saw them in a backup tape drive I was fixing once and liked them much better than the gromet+zip tie combo. If anybody knows where I can get my hands on some I would be much obliged.
Cablefastener.jpg

Just buy some tac tape. Its basically velcro that you can use for cable management. Out of curiousity, is the large square piece stuck to a drive or something, im not sure i understand what this is doing.

The square part is stuck to the side of the case with adhesive. The "arm" is made of malleable, i think thats how you spell it, metal. The whole thing is coated in some soft plastic. The colored lines are crude wires just to give you the feel of whats going on.
Cablefastener2.jpg

Ah ok, makes sense now. Tinsnips, some scrap aluminum, electrical tape and hot glue :) I have no idea where you might find those, but if you find some i'd be interested in picking a couple up as they look pretty useful.

Aye they were the sheezy in that tape drive, I wanted to swipe some out of it but as a professional in my field (snicker) I couldn't. Also they probably would of noticed them missing because it looked so clean in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom