video card difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

no_Wedge

In Runtime
how come the newer lets say 78 series nvidia is so much more expensive then a 76 series which has a higher clock. I knw the 78 has more pipelines, but does that make much of a difference?

the Nvidia quadro and ATI`s firegl cards are not for gaming, they are used for graphical work 3d/autocad etc thats why its so expensive. You will probably never need to buy a quadro or firegl card unless your income is from making 3d animations.

the Nvidia quadro and ATI`s firegl cards are not for gaming, they are used for graphical work 3d/autocad etc thats why its so expensive. You will probably never need to buy a quadro or firegl card unless your income is from making 3d animations.

ya we only recommend them for CAD, engineering 3ds max etc etc....

Just imagine pipelines and clock speed as trying to fill up a container faster with water. Lets say you have two 50 gallon barrels to fill up. I am using 12 pipes with a gallon of water going through each pipe a minute, and then 16 pipes with 4/5ths of a gallon going through each pipe. The one with 16 pipes will fill up faster even though less water is being pushed through each pipe. You can take that same thing and relate it to video cards....except there are a lot more things that determine the performance of a card but thats just for example.

Never look at one spec and think the whole thing is better because technology does not work like that

Just imagine pipelines and clock speed as trying to fill up a container faster with water. Lets say you have two 50 gallon barrels to fill up. I am using 12 pipes with a gallon of water going through each pipe a minute, and then 16 pipes with 4/5ths of a gallon going through each pipe. The one with 16 pipes will fill up faster even though less water is being pushed through each pipe. You can take that same thing and relate it to video cards....except there are a lot more things that determine the performance of a card but thats just for example.

Never look at one spec and think the whole thing is better because technology does not work like that

.... right on target.... good comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom