Status
Not open for further replies.

rebell07

In Runtime
im looking at a dell pc it is really good
but i need your advice on 2 things:

is the 256 MB ATI® Radeon® X1300 PCI Express graphics card any good

and how many GHz is this processor AMD® Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+

What's your price range and what are you going to be using the computer for. If you don't need video intensive resources for games/video editing then you could just stick with the onboard video.

And I recommend that you do not buy from dell; instead build your own PC by buying all the hardware. It'll save you a lot more money. You'll enable yourself to upgrade in the future and have the option to overclock your hardware.

i want it for gaming ill be using it every day
dell is alot cheaper i looked at building 1 too expensive
and this is my topic and i asked the question
so answer it properly

if you can find me:
a great motherboard
2Go ddr2 Ram
Great GFx Card
3GHz proccesor
and q 250 GIG SATA HD
and loads of other good stuff
then tell for less than 500 pounds

and this is my topic and i asked the question
so answer it properly

Relax I just needed some more info.

If my conversions are correct 500 pounds = 1018USD?

I recommend:

Gigabyte P35-DS3R Motherboard (great motherboard for overclocking)
8800GTS 320MB Video Card
G.Skill 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 800 dual channel RAM (they're black colored)

You'd need a good power supply to power all this so: Corsair 520HX (do not skimp on the PSU especially with a 8800)

If you really want "3.0Ghz" buy a E6550 or if you have the extra an E6750 and overclock it to 3.0ghz. I have the e6750 and it was relatively easy to overclock from a 2.66Ghz to 3.36Ghz. If you don't want to overclock and just want 3.0ghz so badly, get a e6850 which is stocked at 3.0ghz.

This should hit slightly over 1000USD and these should be able to play nearly all games at max settings. The 8800GTS is a good video card for this.

If my conversions are correct 500 pounds = 1018USD?

That is a common mis-conception. Hardware in UK is much more expensive than in US. I would say £500 = $700-$800 approximately.

Oh and rebell can you stop being so rude its fairly irritating you came here for help so can you please be a bit more curteous.

GHz is not everything, E6750 have 2.66GHz, and it can easily beat AMD 6000+ which have 3.0GHz clock speed

GHz is not everything, E6750 have 2.66GHz, and it can easily beat AMD 6000+ which have 3.0GHz clock speed

You know you're old school when you ask about ghz. Common question though since in the past, that's all people wanted to know.."how fast is it"? I've met people(computer illiterate)that think an e6600 2.4 is slow all because of the 2.4ghz.

As far as building one and it costing more....that's another misconception. Building one will assure you of better quality parts, flexibility and you'll be proud that you put it together.

Good luck

GHz is not everything, E6750 have 2.66GHz, and it can easily beat AMD 6000+ which have 3.0GHz clock s

I was only attempting to answer his 3.0ghz demand. But that is true. My 2.6Ghz core2duo completely slaughters my 3.8Ghz Pentium4. Looking at speed itself isn't a smart choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom