Sapphire x1950xt.......... my display lags... not smoothe

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
Ok, so I just put my build together, installed Windows XP Pro and everything is lagging.... when I drag a window it skips around. I think it might be because I didn't install any of the drivers.... where can I download the x1950xt drivers?? I can't find any good websites. And would I have to look in sapphire's website or the ATi website?

You need the ATI drivers and Catalyst Control Center.
Use Sapphires website for the drivers and ATI's for CCC.
What's the card model number: I have to do all the dirty work. ;)

Go here. Download all your drivers. Don't worry about stuff not working until drivers are all downloaded. Drivers & Software

its not hard....

go here.... choose ur OS, choose radeon, choose x1950 series... hit download.. and ur done... do its job.... but i really don't care for catalyst drivers, google omega drivers... (in my opinion they are better drivers)

yep mine is like that with my 7950GT, nothing is smooth until i install the drivers and forceware

Yeah, before you install the video drivers everything is choopy and looks bad. So is your rig finally built? Seems like you have been building it forever :)

question: before installing the drivers is it using the integrated video card?

how does this work if the motherboard doesn't have integrated graphics?

I have integrated graphics disabled in bios, so its my theory that the cpu is handling graphics until I install drivers to make use of the video card, and thus the cpu load and inefficiency at handling graphics causes this lag.

Is my theory correct & if not can you explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom