Something wrong with my comp.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

saikojay

Baseband Member
Wussup all
I've been playin Guild Wars with no problems lately, but since the past week, my computer just freezes randomly and then automatically reboots for some reason.

I've uninstalled the video cards drivers and reseted bios back to the default settings, but nothing has changed so far. I did not overclock my video card and updated my vid cards drivers to the latest drivers thats been released and even rolled back to the old drivers but still no luck. My computer still crashes/freezes when I play Guild Wars. What's funny about this is that this only happens when I play Guild Wars. It never freezes, crashes, or reboots when I play other games. I'd appreciate it if someone on this forum can help me out with this problem, because I've been tryin to fix this problem for a while....
Thx in advance

Have you tried checking your computers temperature while playing Guild Wars? Maybe it's overheating while you're playing and your computer has a shut down temperature.

yep i even opened the case and got rid of the dust thats in my case
Also, I tweaked the graphics in guild wars to the lowest, but it still crashes.

Try running memcheck86 i think it is. Its highly possible that guild wars is trying to accessa bad spot in memory and crapping out.

You re-download your VGA's drivers? Also run the Memtest86. You download the ISO mage, and burn it on to a CD. Nero is good for this. After you burned it, leave it in the CD drive, and reboot the system. Go into the BIOS, and set the CD drive as the first boot. Save the BIOS settings, and then restart your computer. Then the program should just start up by itself. Let this run for a few hours or more, if possible. If there's many errors, the the RAM is bad.

well I ran memtest86 and there are no errors. I also uninstalled my vid cards drivers and then updated it to the latest but it still crashes. Later on, I rolled back to an older driver to see if it would work out, but still no luck. Are there any other ideas or suggestions you guys can think of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom