Gaming build, need some comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently working on NWN2 on my system. You can see my build in my signature. I run it on 1440 * 900 resolution. I don't use anti-alaising and I have shadows and light sources on low setting. Everything else is on the highest settings and I don't have any problems. At least I didn't have a problem until I replaced my SATA drive with a PATA drive temporarily. Then I noticed that it's a little jumpy sometimes, so maybe there is something about the SATA vs PATA drive. Of course, my SATA drive had a 16 MB cache and my PATA only has 8 MB.

I'm currently working on NWN2 on my system. You can see my build in my signature. I run it on 1440 * 900 resolution. I don't use anti-alaising and I have shadows and light sources on low setting. Everything else is on the highest settings and I don't have any problems. At least I didn't have a problem until I replaced my SATA drive with a PATA drive temporarily. Then I noticed that it's a little jumpy sometimes, so maybe there is something about the SATA vs PATA drive. Of course, my SATA drive had a 16 MB cache and my PATA only has 8 MB.

nice system, but i've heard that Intel Bad Axe boards are just gimmicky and aren't that great, and just look cool, is this true?

I don't know if that is true, but they were meant to be the high end motherboards, for the C2Ds. I believe they were more suited for the high end C2Ds too, like the e6700 and up.

I don't know if that is true, but they were meant to be the high end motherboards, for the C2Ds. I believe they were more suited for the high end C2Ds too, like the e6700 and up.

back then i would support gigabyte 965p-ds3 but now i'm all about the p35-ds3r

also do the 975x have good oc'ing like the p35 and 965p's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom