Arggg, fried video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ok so i came home for lunch, donned my static strap, pulled the mobo and cpu out of my nice new build, tossed it all in the box, went back to work. After work i went to microcenter, traded in my p5k vanilla and e6600 for a gigabyte p35-ds3r and q6600. Get home, reinstall everything, i even made the wires pretty! Plug everything in, no beep codes, everything boots up like it should, but i get no video. So i put the video card back in my old rig, still no video. So now im on my old amd 2800 booted into safe mode running off the integrated video. Is it possible something could have happened to my video card between when i pulled it out at lunch and when i put it back in this afternoon? Any way of checking of the video card is jacked or not?

Btw its an x1650 pro that is only about 3 months old. Ah, forgot to mention, it powers up and the fan is spinning, but i get no output.

Ya, its not the monitor, unless somehow the dvi ports died today when i wasnt looking. I'm using the monitor right now, but its hooked up vga to the integrated video on my old machine. I didnt notice this until i had the problem, but the gigabyte board doesnt have onboard video.

Ok well, just out of random curiousity i pulled out a dvi-vga adapter to make sure the monitor wasnt being stupid. Aparently my monitor doesnt want to see the dvi connection. I'll have to look into that later.

Right now its hooked up to the vga port on the monitor with a vga cable and dvi>vga adapter at the video card. I have no clue why the monitor would all of the sudden not detect the dvi input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom