*In William Shatner voice* WINRAR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT11

Baseband Member
Not entirely sure if this is the right place to put this but...I need some help with Winrar...

Well, I installed it, it worked, I uninstalled it...using the uninstall button...little did I know the horror that awaited me. For some reason .exes...or certain ones rather...only opened with Winrar...and it was uninstalled...

So I googled around, and eventually tried System Restore today...well...my last restore was about a day or two after I uninstalled it, that options out. However...the program is back on my comp, so perhaps I can now uninstall it properly or tweak the file associations?

P.S.
Lol, System Restore ended my Flash trial, I think.

I had a feeling it was something to do with that, I think :D. I remember when I was googling around reading something about .cab files.

Had to do a little googling to find folder options...but I couldn't find windows installer. What's the path? Heh, funny your name is Eric, I just messaged someone with the same name on MSN, just thought it was funny.

Update: Went back to my 2nd to latest/lastest update, my very first one didn't have Medieval installed :S.

I couldn't find it. 7zip is associated with my .cab file. all you have to do use the internet to find the association

Well I tried downloading some things that would automatically make my cab and exe associations go back to default, didn't help.

I associated 7zip with .cab and it seems to make things a bit better.

I might try removing winrar from my system through control panel now that I system restored back to a time when it was on there.

Basically I fixed it to the point where the only problem I really have is not being able to run .exes straight from a zipped folder. O well?

EDIT: OR NOT, winrar is still ****ing with me.

Btw, I went into folder settings, lol it said to restore .zip to it's default (supposedly winrar) click restore, what a slap in the face.

I've pretty much gimped winrar in every way and associated my .cab with 7zip...still having the problem...

EDIT: Is .cab associated with applications?

I tried the .cab and .exe fixes from the site, neither changed anything, or much.

EDIT: "It will not restore those file associations created by 3rd party applications."

I even tried the one that supposedly does all of them, no use.

EDIT: O wtf, my torrent client isn't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom