DS3R NB heatsink is loose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muckluck

Baseband Member
My NB heatsink feels loose. If I put minimal presure on either end it tilts, and I can wiggle it. Anyone have similar experience? Or should I check something. I heard something make a noise, but I think it was the I/O panel. None of the white plastic pins appear to be broken.

I could not get my DS3R northbridge back on originally (I sent it back for defect anyway) The pins go in but they don't click right....its really hard to put back on the NB I noticed.

Did it stay on and was just loose? Or did it not stay on at all? My northbridge heatsink is on, it doesn't move up when I try to lift it. It just wiggles and tilts.

I just got my DS3R today, and I was thinking of replacing the thermal paste on the NB, with MX-1....now I'm not sure. Hopefully it will go back on easily.

I just got my DS3R today, and I was thinking of replacing the thermal paste on the NB, with MX-1....now I'm not sure. Hopefully it will go back on easily.

sweetness man.... so did u get the q6600 and everything else yet? i wanna see how much u can push a q6600 w/ that ds3r.....

I think I figured it out. When I was dry fitting it (new toy, had to take it out) I pushed on the HS a little and broke the bond between the theraml paste and the HS. I just took it out again and it was solid, put after a little nudge it broke loose again. So I think it's not an issue. Although I am considering after market northbridge HS now.

Oh, and Gigabyte better keep this Durable thing going. The board components even look better buit. Real high quality stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom