Questions when buying from dell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i tried configuring that to max out everything and ....its just not worth it.

I could be getting a brand new car, or even pay for like a whole year of college tuition.

Seriously....its sick how high they price their stuff

well i also got a book let from them, and i could build their 1600 desktop for like 900-1000. On that desktop the gfx card was a 8600!!!

I know thats business, but thats where you guys come in....all of you techies should team up and open up a business.

Seriously...put it into consideration

My first desktop was a Dell years ago when they were a half decent company. Ever since they moved their manufacturing to India I refuse to do any business with them. Not only do they produce an inferior and overpriced product, but they do it while taking jobs away from Americans. I have nothing good to say about Dell.

hey man, im indian!!!, but i know that whenever i call or ask for help its an indian guy on the phone or on the chat.

But yeah, a lot of companies are going to India, because its cheaper for the company to hire them.

I have nothing against indian people. Just outsourcing. I noticed that you live in the US as well and would probably like to live in a country with a low unemployment rate.

not really.
I think its unfair that they barely pay the indians over in india.
I think if any company wants to use customer service from other countries, it would be fair to pay them the same rate.

But thats how they make all their money in profits,etc.

Its not just dell oppeople from india, they are a lot out there.

But It does suck for a lot of the americans who are loosing jobs because of them.
I would be ****ed too

My sister works for Dell in Nashville but only works in their small business sector. She hates it but it's call center type work and if you've ever done that kind of crap it's slave labor and turnover rates are high. These are college grads doing this stuff too. They do pay well though but you've got to do your time in the gutter. I worked for the 2000 census at a call center for a summer job and it was not fun.

I did tech support for Dish Network. It wasn't fun. At any rate, I still think you're better off building your own PC than giving a cent to Dell. That's just me. Oh... And Dell specifically makes their power supplies so you can only order a power supply from Dell. Any other power supply won't fit in a Dell case. I know this from personal experience.

wow, that sucks.
well i decided that i wont do it, from the earlier posts and from looking at the prices.
Thanks for the extra info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom