About a gaming PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

colbubbie4

Beta member
Hello, This is my first thread here, but ive been a troll on these forums for about 5 months ;) anyways. I was bored and looking on some websites and I came across this Acer Aspire pc. Acer Aspire T180 Desktop PC w/ 19" Widescreen LCD, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core processor 4000+ - Wal-Mart .

Now It says it has the X2 4000+ and I noticed it was duel core so I was like "Wow thats pretty cheap for a pc,monitor, and Operating System. But it only has a gig of ram so I was thinking about getting an extra 1 gig stick off of newegg and a 8800 gts. I was wondering if I could get basically the same or better pc w/ the 8800 2 gigs of ram, vista, monitor/ Basically all of that for the same or less of a price.

well from looking at that tiny tiny case, i doubt that the gts would even fit. And you would need a better psu to support that card.
But other wise, the pricing isnt that bad, it comes with a monitor and thats a +.

I bet somone else could give you better advise though.

You should build the computer yourself for the slightly more of a price. Usually prebuilt computers wouldn't come with overclocking features.

Thats true, they always lock them in the bios, and also you dont know the brand of parts they will be putting in.

Hey colbobbie4,
Welcome to T.F.!!

Wal-Mart is definitely not the place to buy a computer. You can build a better computer for that price. Then again, that thing comes with everything, like the monitor, mouse and keys, and Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom