3Dmark06

Status
Not open for further replies.

phucng_10

Fully Optimized
How can I run the 3Dmark06 without getting my frequency changed? Because once it comes to the CPU tests 1 and 2, my frequency changes and I get a bunch of artifacts floating across my monitor. Can it be that my VGA is unstable? What can be the problem? Please help.

You mean your speed goes lower or higher? This is the SpeedStep technology. It lowers the speed to save power, and increases speed for CPU intensive programs. You should disable it in the BIOS. It's also called EIST.

Yeah b1gapl. You told me to disable it and I did it already. Well I found out that leaving my GPU at stock core and mem, then my 3Dmark06 runs fine without any artifacts.

do most people disable to get a better overclock or something? Won't leaving it on increase the life of the CPU? i personally left it on when i OC'd mine cuz i thougth it might actually save power/increase the life of it...plus i think its cool how it has 2 modes for 2 work load intensities

I prefer not to, because I'm always on load. Increasing the life of the CPU won't matter, because having overclocked, will only take off 1-2 years, off a 10 year lifespan, which I know you won't be using for that long.

Ah I just disabled it. Might need to go get a tube of AS5 or MX-1 and change the paste for my GPU. b1gapl, you know any good northbridge heatsinks or fan I can use to replace the heatsink I have for mines right now? 600/750 seems stable, it's at 66C right now. I might UP it a bit more. Running the Artifact Scan for a little longer then 15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom