Windows XP SP3 Released To Small Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
In addition to the previously reported Windows Vista SP1 drop to testers, Microsoft has just recently (few days ago) dropped a copy of Windows XP ServicePack 3 in the lap of the same small group of testers.

Coming in at less than 350MB, the service pack includes fixes for over 900 reported problems, some of which have already been resolved with post-Service Pack 2 hotfixes.

For the hardcore build string collectors, this build is tagged 5.1.2600.3180 (xpsp.070718-2058) (Thanks again C).

Given the close proximity of the two betas we guestimate both 'packs will be released simultaneously. We'll let you know if we hear of a more solid release date.

Click Read More to view the rest of this article.

View: Windows Vista SP1 Screenshot #1 | #2 | #3 | #4
View: Windows XP SP3 Screenshot #1 | #2 | #3
News Source: WinBeta

I doubt about the efficiency of sp3 anyway, microsoft is able somehow to make things worse. I really thought they had forgotten of xp as there are many years past since a sp was released.

I doubt about the efficiency of sp3 anyway, microsoft is able somehow to make things worse. I really thought they had forgotten of xp as there are many years past since a sp was released.

Huh? Just because it has been a few years since SP2 doesnt mean jack. So what. That jsut means they haev achieve patches thru updates instead of being like Windows 2000 and releasing 4 service packs. Or like Windows NT which has 6 service packs.

They just avoided packaging all the updates and calling it a service pack cause then everyone would get all up in arms again. Just like they did when SP2 was released. Everyone bashed it and hated it for what it was. A update to the OS. Make it more secure and fixed alot of issues.

SP2 was not bad. I have used it and had absolutely no problems with it since day 1. So you mean to tell me if they dont release sP2 for Vista before they release Windows 7 that they would have "forgotten" about Vista? I dont think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom