Needing drivers for generic (?) unknown laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard596

In Runtime
I have this laptop who's hard drive just crashed and I replaced it with a brand new one. Now that XP is installed I can't find any of the missing drivers (audio, wireless, video, modem).

The problem is I have no idea what kind of laptop this is. The badge on the lid reads "Platinum i.net" and there are a few labels on the bottom with "MSL" on them, including "MSL Model: 8599".

I'll post all of the numbers here in case they mean anything to any of you, but I haven't been able to find anything.

MSL 8599
S/N: PNB408004700

MSL 526268290021
Rev: R00-6C-R1.04-R1.03
M.O: SMB5408418

S/N: PFB408004897

I don't know what some of those are for but that's the only identifying numbers on the entire unit.

I'd appreciate any help on what kind of notebook this is or, ultimately, I just need drivers for it. Thanks in advance.

Maybe you can try giving us the motherboard model of it. You do this, by getting a program called CPU-Z, and it will tell you some more info that we need, in the mainboard tab.

Thanks, those programs are pretty helpful. CPU-Z reports the motherboard as an MTC 8599 SiS 661FX. That info should get me where I need. I'll post my results later.

Ok, I've got it all but the Audio. Unknown Device Identifier says it's SiS7012 but all the installers I've downloaded for that abort with an error. Any ideas on this last one?

see if you can locate the driver without the installer, I had that problem with a older laptop and locating the drivers was a pain in the backside it takes time and hardwork.

What laptop did it turn out to be.

I still don't actually what kind of laptop it is. All I know is the motherboard is made by MTC, which I've never heard of before.

I also can't find a single set of drivers for the SiS7012 that doesn't include in the installer. Ugh, such a headache!

I've tried everything from the SiS site. No go.

I also tried some realtek drivers (ac97) because someone on another forum stated that those worked for their SiS audio. The realtek drivers actually installed but now it says the device can't start (code 10).

I just now tried a driver from driverguide.com for the SiS7012 but Device Manager still just says the device can't start.

Actually, I think it's reverting back to the realtek driver everytime. Maybe I shouldn't have installed realtek drivers with an SiS chipset.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom