Rate the Wire Management Above You!

Re: Rate the Wiremanagement above you!

Not bad Otis....that heatsink is something new. It's that beetle one from Thermaltake, right? I rate it a 8.8/10

Not bad theotis! 8/10. I would say that the IDE cable and the power cable is kind of hanging out right there. Try zip-tieing it to the 5.25" drive bay bracket.

nice rig man, you liking the quad core?

ok for starters, you can bundle the front panel wires up with a small ziptie or a twist tie into a small loom, and push it into the corner, then the wires underneath your cpu fan, and above your gpu can be tidied up a little, your 4pin is already ok, and you can tighten up the bundle right where it reaches the 3.5" bays

8.5/10

oh b1gapl, almost forgot yours, 8.25/10. looks a little crazy at the top by your power supply, umm lol on your hanging cathode, cathode power switch can be behind the motherboard, 24pin behind 3.5", power switch wires can get bundled up and pushed back, and just fix the Medusa style stuff thats going on behind your psu.

EDIT: otis, your heatsink appears to be on backwards man, blowing the hot air away from your exhaust fan :eek:

EDIT2: sidenote, after my management, my core temp idle dropped 2C!!! and load it dropped 1C.

Agreed, with bmx on the fan backwards. Turn it around, so that it blows the hot air towards, the back.

Thanks alot guys. I'm actually going to be running some errands today (Today's my day off work!), I'll be sure to pick up some zip-ties while I'm out. Thanks for the input, it helps!

Actually b1gapl, it's the heatsink is V1 from Thermaltake. I love it, huge 120MM fan, moves a ton of air.

And Bmxfreak, I dig it so far. I haven't had a ton of oppurtunities to really push it yet, but I will today.

I was running it under some stress tests yesterday. I was running a couple instances of Orthos and one of CPU-Burn it when I OC'ed it to 3.0ghz and it wasn't getting past 53 C under load. All cores idle between 28-32 C, so I'm pretty happy with it so far.

I can't wait to start encoding some video today :)

The new rig straight up EATS Quake 4 like it's nothing, I love my new rig.

EDIT-

I also have a 160gig Seagate and a 320gig WD that's not in my case. I'll put them in today, before I start zip tieing everything.

Flip them backwards. The cables will look nicer!

I did that yesterday, it does look REALLY really good.

When the side covers on, EVERY cable is hidden, except the 24-pin dangit.

Besides that, it's great.

I'll be sure to post a picture of it when I get home.

I figured I'd show mine to make all of you feel better about your own :laughing:

By the way, all of yours are really really good! BMX, that is some amazing work you did there man.

I figured I'd show mine to make all of you feel better about your own :laughing:

By the way, all of yours are really really good! BMX, that is some amazing work you did there man.

Haha, yeaa. That needs a bit of work!

Two words: Zip ties

And turn the hard drive around.

6/10. To be nice. Haha.

Back
Top Bottom