Why do people frown upon older threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some old posts get bumped by the problem of votes not sticking to the topic they are posted with.

thats true.... btw i love ur new avatar :)

edit and lol to brinson
smile.gif

Hey, if old posts are frowned upon, why not make a general rule that threads are automatically locked after X days of inactivity?

I for one, don't check the dates of previous posts, in general (like this thread). It would solve this semi-annoying problem: it would stop older threads from being revived, and people with their complaints against necroposts and such would be history.

Vormund I read your post in that thread and I looked for the newest post because I just hit the arrow that takes you to the last post when I saw the dates I posted because that thread was way to old to be bumped as my comment said.

Vormund I read your post in that thread and I looked for the newest post because I just hit the arrow that takes you to the last post when I saw the dates I posted because that thread was way to old to be bumped as my comment said.
Notice that I wasn't arguing against you / or the idea that it was ok to 'bump' - I was just curious if you were honestly that observant. :D

With that, what do ye' think of the auto-lock idea?

Could be hard on some of the stikied threads but other than that I think it is quite a good idea, but maybe months rather than weeks.

Oh and I know you where not arguing besides in some areas it is a long time before some one posts something new so when I see a two page thread that looks new suspicion, like a fart in a hot tub, arises.

I am all for an autolock, but I think it was turned down because the software couldn't handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom