Rate the Wire Management Above You!

Re: Rate the Wiremanagement above you!

thanks man, all that really catches my eye is my exhaust fan wire, it goes right over the corner of my motherboard, if i get an extention, i should be good, then i need to route the wires going to my fan controller and hdd (ones heading into my 5.5 bay, below my beam) and it should start looking even better. but from where i started, it was a total disaster. i give myself a pat on the back.

on a side note, i need to run to the store sooner or later and grab some more zipties...i go thru them faster than i drink soda!

Well for that exhaust fan, what I would do, is turn the fan, so that the corner that the wire is coming out from, is closer to the top right corner. Instead of coming from the bottom right or left corner.

Really nice wire management bmxfreakrider. Well for the fan, you can try turning it? So the corner of that wire is facing the PSU?

Also your HDD is in your 3.5" bay. That's what I did to mines. :D

DSC05577.jpg

lol, yea i know, virtually invisible!

ok phucng, what you can do is the wires coming from the bottom left corner of your board, push them under your motherboard, and where everything comes out, zip-tie it up, so its one loom, instead of a group of mini-looms. you can put your 24pin behind your cd-drive bay (thats how i did mine, big open area there) and maybe get a rounded ide cable, or round it yourself for that cd-drive.

i give it a 8/10, because i have seen wayyy worse. its not that bad if you get down and analyze the facts.

Not a lot of people like to show their wire management do they..? :(
I show it whenever I can get the chance to. I just haven't done it in a while, and I am not upgrading, so I bet it shall stay like this for upwards of a few months, lol.

update: moved 24 pin back a bit, tidied up the wires in my 5.25 bay, tidied up the wires behind my hdd bay, moved the wire for my lower cathode, put the wire for my psu fan that goes to my fan controller behind my motherboard tray (got a nice handy 2" * 4" opening behind my psu, even has folded edges so wires wont cut open) and moved my audio cable over my audio card, under my ninja and out with the power loom. I also de-tangled the wires coming out of the psu, another 15 minutes to do this. but now I can pull my hdd bay and not have it look like crap there either. last thing I need to do is, well nothing, looks done to me, any more stuff that looks wrong, im open for suggestions. and thanks for the fan idea, i never even thought of that one.

Attachments

• P1010015.JPG
    P1010015.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 775

wow....bmx...that is really clean...

I'll show my new setup in about two weeks, meanwhile you can have a look at this:
dsc00129tc1.jpg

I know theres tons of improvement to be made. Like the bottom wires, and the cluster up top. This is some time ago, though. I don't use IDE cables anymore. It's all SATA.

Wow, where did you put that wire for your fan? Lol, I can't even see it anymore! That deserves a 9.75/10. Here's something I thought of.

aasadsa.png

This thread inspired me to post some pics and do a bit of cleaning up. I just put this rig together last week-

Before the clean up-

S7300057.jpg

After the clean up-

S7300060.jpg

Any tips of any sort would be great.

Back
Top Bottom