Stuck!!! Can't get any higher and I know I should be able to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtis

Daemon Poster
Check my sig for my rig.

CPU-

I'm at 3.0ghz from 2.4ghz stock.

-9.0 multiplyer
-333 bus speed
-1333MHZ FSB

Memory-

-416.7mhz, but it's DDR, so memory is running at 832MHZ

The ratio is a 4:5.

I have no idea why, but on the memory, I just can't go any higher, or run any other ratio. I'm literally stuck and I know I should be able to go higher.

Vcore is at 1.360v

Memory is at 2.1v

My Idle temps on my cores range from 32 C to 29 C

Any suggestions?

umm, loosen your timings a litle bit, maybe up your cas one, and try again, then up your rcd, then your trp, and finally your ras. shouldnt you beable to select something like ddr2-400 for the speed on your ram, then when it overclocks it will reach your 800 speeds?

edit: man thats a nice board you got there

Their's nothing to "select" as far as DDR2 speeds go.

Theirs a linked mode option in BIOS for OC'ing though.

I'll try loosening my timeings and see where it takes me.

Change the multiplier on your memory to 2, this should bring the ratio to 1:1, this will underclock the memory, but at least it will rule it out as the factor holding you back. Also let your bios decide the timing for now (if you were manually setting it). You want to OC the cpu first, get it stable, then go back and try and optimize your ram afterwards.

If I am wrong someone please correct me, I just know this is how I OC'd mine.

I have this motherboard. Did you disable C1E and CIST, in the CPU configuration? Are you unlinked? IMO, it's better to overclock unlinked. I found it better for the FSB, to work with even numbers. So what I did with mine, is I started off with 1200, than moved in increments of 50. What is your NB Core Voltage? Also, what is your BIOS version?

I'll have to check on the C1E and CIST. Yea, I started running it unlinked.

NB is just stock, I haven't touched it. I'm not sure on the BIOS version, I'll have to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom