I'm really worried about my PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, now I'm really worried.. people on other forums said I'll be very very borderline.. and I'm likely to run into problems.. anyone here use one on a similar build as me?

If the Q6600 has G0 stepping then the vcore needed on it won't be that bad and the 8800GTS actually isn't as watt hungry as the X1950XT even. The Goodpower has very steady rails and it should work just fine...i can't see it blowing up your PC.

Ok, so it'll work just fine? Some people on Extreme overclockers forum said, at stock speeds.. it'll probably work fine, but overclocking will push it and you're likely to have issues..

I'm the worrier type.. only two people total have told me it wouldn't work.. and upwards of 10 people have told me it would work.. and I'm still worried.. =/

But, I'll trust you guys on this.. you said I'd be able to overclock mildly without any problems correct? So a Q6600 g0 stepping to like 3 ghz is mild.. and possibly a little OC on ram/vid card will be fine too? Or what do you recommend?!?

EDIT : Also, if my PSU was stressing, would I know it? Because if it's stressing, I want to know.. not be dumbfounded when it blows up lol.. my friend said when his PSU was going out.. it kept like flickering black screens, and shutting down randomly.. would this be what would be happening?

Cuz I'd hate to not notice my PSU was stressing..

As people before said, it's fine at stock speeds. It would also be fine for a mild overclock, like the Q6600 at 3GHz. Since it's the G0 stepping, it will consume less power, than the regular B3 stepping.

You'd know you're PSU is stressed, by random shut downs, or random freezes. Probably BSODs as well.

If it worries you so much then you should go ahead and get a better power supply.

Thank you b1gapl.. I will keep with this power supply... if it does start causing me problems.. then I'll upgrade to the higher wattage, but as I stand now.. I hope this'll do fine.. I'm tired of waiting for parts.. school starts up in 2 weeks.. so I want to get this built ASAP.. :).. Thank you guys so much :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom