Gaming build, need some comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
SATA is faster, but not by much, because it's transfer speeds, aren't being used to it's full potential. But I prefer SATA because of it's ease of cable routing.

SATA is much easier to route than a huge IDE cable but seeing as how he's going to use the round IDE then it shouldnt be that much of a problem

The rounded cable allows better airflow thatn a flat IDE would same speil with the SATA its smaller alowing more air to pass through and circulate

But it wouldnt make to much of a difference for just a little more airflow but hey take every chance you can get right?

You can get a round ide cable you know..
I guess sata is better cause you can fit more on a mobo

Ive read somewhere that the 9 series all use less power then the 8 series.

I am kind of concerned about the motherboard that is currently in the list. Should I go with that one, or shelve out some extra cash for the P35-DS3R?

You can get a round ide cable you know..
I guess sata is better cause you can fit more on a mobo

Ive read somewhere that the 9 series all use less power then the 8 series.

u know the 8800's aren't that power hungry, especially since the x1950xt is more power hungry...

I probably won't need a RAID setup, so I'll try that one. Thanks for the recommendation.

Also, I have two media drives on my list, but I'm not sure if I really need both. Can't I just use the DVD one for most purposes?

I probably won't need a RAID setup, so I'll try that one. Thanks for the recommendation.

Also, I have two media drives on my list, but I'm not sure if I really need both. Can't I just use the DVD one for most purposes?

yes........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom