On board sound or PCI card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
screw sales tax.

and screw living in california

i've got mountains 2hrs away and the beach 4hrs away. the cost of living is low, and its an excellent area to live...can't go wrong

ridiculous taxes, higher standard of living, car nuts (like me) have nightmares about living in california with the SMOG's, REF's, and strict emissions.

and your within North Korea bombing territory ;)

cheap Audigy Se is a significant difference in sound over onboard ANY DAY. Don't let anyone tell you different because I know from experience. However onboard is not "bad" either just not very rich sounding for music or anything. Also the X-230's are AMAZING speakers for the price...

I have the Gigabyte p35-ds3r and just hooked everything up. The sound out of the 2 little desktop speakers I have it incredibly quiet. With onboard sound do i have to have powered speakers? I can barely hear the ones I have on max volume. I was thinking it was a driver but got the newest download from Gigabyte's site and it didn't make a difference.

Powered speakers...you mean by having it plugged in an outlet? I think you do. Also, make sure that nothing in the master volume is mute. Sometimes this happens.

Yes, by powered I mean plugged in. The cheapy speakers that came with my last desktop package are what I'm trying. They have no power source.

cheap Audigy Se is a significant difference in sound over onboard ANY DAY. Don't let anyone tell you different because I know from experience. However onboard is not "bad" either just not very rich sounding for music or anything. Also the X-230's are AMAZING speakers for the price...

I have the x-230's

would that card honestly make that much of a difference? I listen to alot of music and i'm constantly messing with EQ's and such to make my laptop sound better with those speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom