help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Computer 2 in my sig.

Whenever I play Need For Speed Carbon the computer lags i guess is how you put it. The car moves faster and then slower so its extremely hard to beat the game. I beat it 2-3 times allready but I lost the saved games.

I just wanted to know what you guys think is happening? What computer part could be doing that?

Its only Need For Speed Carbon that does that. Sometimes I get the windows xp error saying send now or don't send.

I hope its not very costly or the part that is going bad is under warranty.

The game played fine before on this system. The graphics settings in the game aren't all on high cause high did the same thing. I used to be able to play it on high settings so I know something is going.

Oh and I NEVER OVERCLOCKED this system. I am thinking its the Mobo or CPU.
I would say graphics card but I don't see anything wrong with the graphics.
I'm thinking hard drive loading times are the problem.

If it goes fast, slow, fast, slow etc... then that most likely means that as you are driving, it keeps having to load the scenery that you are coming up to

And it fits perfectly with your scenario: it used to run fast, but now it doesn't.
Typically, as you use a Windows system more and more, the hard drive gradually fills up with more and more stuff, causing slower loading times and fragmentation.

Defragmenting might help a bit, as well as deleting stuff.
Formatting will make it much faster (but you'll lose all your data)
you can also get a new hard drive and install Windows on it, as well as NFSC.

no If I go to a crappy game site like miniclip.com I can hear the graphics card fan spin which I couldn't before so I think that card could catch fire soon so hopefully I don't be using it too much more before I return it.

Oh and I just reformatted my hard drive about 2 weeks ago. So well yeah can't need defragmented for a while.

I just took it to my local store and sent the package away to EVGA's address they gave me. I bet it will be about 2-3 weeks till I get the replacement cause It usually takes that long when I send something in to any company. It will probably take 1 week or so for EVGA to recieve that card and fix it or whatever they do then send it back.

Probaly not a smart idea to overclock.

My friend (much more experienced with comps than me) said overclocking does void the warranty.

Don't trust EVGA, they told you 70 degrees is fine for your card, they probaly just want all your delicious money :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom