What do you think of this system??? Need Help Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toned

Solid State Member
Hello all,

I was wondering if you can tell me if this is a good system or not. I am not sure if the processors are 32 bit or 64 bit? Can anyone help with that?

I guess my main focus is gaming...with hopes of running the Crysis 2 engine on this. The only bad thing is that there is only one PCI-E graphics slot, so I cant put in tandem video cards in the future.

Here are the specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

ASUS P5BW-LA Motherboard
64 bit , 965 Chipset, 8 USB 2 ports
2GB DDR2 667MHz RAM
250GB SATA 7200 Hard Drive
DVD Writer Light scribe
PCI-E Video 256MB NVIDIA
Fire wire / Front USB/ Sound
Realtek digital sound card
Intel 10/100 NIC
12 in 1 Memory card reader
Windows XP Pro

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Toned,
Welcome to T.F.!!

Are you building this? All processors currently, are 64-bit.

I would suggest the E6750 or E6550 instead of the E6600, because it's a bit cheaper actually. And a better overclocker.

For the motherboard, I would suggest the P35-DS3R or DSL, depending on the budget.

Go for DDR2-800 RAM instead. The prices have gone done on them.

You don't need more than one PCIe slot, because SLI or Crossfiring more than one PCIe graphics card, is useless. You're paying 100% more for just a 30% increase in performance.

You don't need a NIC, as the motherboard already has one.

If you want to play Crysis, and want to play with all the graphical features on, you would need Windows Vista plus a high end GeForce 8800, such as the GTS or GTX, if you can afford.

As said above, (if your building yourself, and even if you aren't) you'll want to go with the 6x50 model core 2 duo's.
And sorry to hijack the thread, but is Crysis only going to be avail for Vista (i guess will it need dx10 or will it run on XP with Dx9).

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated.

But I am picking up this system pre built for $750 Canadian.

I think its a good price for the system no?

I am also aware that Crysis will run on Vista, but I am waiting for a bug free version of it.

Like most people have said ixnay on the E6600 Q6600 it if you can, see if they will customize it for you? And I believe Crysis will only be available for Vista but don't quote me on that.

No...I believe Crysis will also be coded for DX9, along with DX10.

Toned said:
Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated.

But I am picking up this system pre built for $750 Canadian.

I think its a good price for the system no?

For all that, and no graphic card? I think it's possible to build one better than that, for the money.

No...I believe Crysis will also be coded for DX9, along with DX10.

For all that, and no graphic card? I think it's possible to build one better than that, for the money.

Cool, but I dont think I know enough to build my own PC. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom