Wireless on laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

dangg

Beta member
hello im wondering if anyone knows how to pick up a signal farther with a laptop?

depends on the card you are using look at some of the links in my sig for more info on how to boost a signal.

equipment:
1x mobile phone
1x roll of tape
1x network cable
1x aluminium foil
1x lan cable
1x metal coat hangar
1x plastic bowl
1x wire cutters

method:
Cover the inside of the plastic bowl with foil. straighten out and cut the coat hangar in to 2 long pieces of wire. Place the two pieces of wire on top of the bowl to form a X shape. Get the mobile phone and wrap the LAN cable tightly around it, as many times as possible leaving a 20cm length unwrapped. Use the tape to hold the lan cable onto the phone, and place the plug from the end of the cable into the ethernet socket. Tape the phone onto the centre of the wire X in the bowl.

Congratulations you have just made your own satellite dish.

I have no idea if this works but it was a video on youtube and the guy started with 6 wireless networks being found and ended with 17 and also all original network signal strengths went up by 2 bars.

No it dose not work. I come across it while reaserching my WiFi project (links are in my sig).

not at all :(

what about if you remove the phone and instead drill a hole in the bottom of the foil bowl and stick the aerial from your wireless desktop card in the centre and cllotape it to the back of your case..... :D

Hello,

The 'How To Increase Your Wi-Fi Signal' video was by YouTube user/group infinitesolutions which you can watch here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LY8Wi7XRXCA

When I first watched it, I went as far as wrapping an ethernet cable round my Sony Ericsson W800i...until I realized it was a hoax. Yes, somewhat embarrassing. Thankfully no one was around to witness my moment of insanity.

hello im wondering if anyone knows how to pick up a signal farther with a laptop?

The vital question which determines the solution is, where will you be using your laptop? At home, in the garden, or on the train?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom