New PC Won't Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haoming

Baseband Member
Hello,

Just finished the new PC, plugged in the power, hit the psu switch, and hit the on button but the thing won't boot.

When I hit the psu switch, a small red light above the on button does turn on. However, when I press the on button I assume that the PC should boot and the red light should turn green or something.
What's wrong? Is the fan supposed to turn on right when I hit the on button? It doesn't. Something wrong with the PSU?

Thanks!

Wait wait! Lol, alright so when you hit the PSU switch, the small red light above the On button turns on. When you press it, you know that the computer should boot up and the light to turn green. Which fan are you talking about? Your case fans? HSF? PSU fan? Did you connect the power switch and reset switch to the correct spots on the motherboard?

None of the fans turn on but I'm assuming there's a problem with the PSU since the PSU fan should turn on regardless of bad connections?

Yes, they are in the correct spots on the mb - double checked.

Hmm, that's weird. Looking at the pictures, [wires are a bit messy (cause you just finished building the computer)] so I had to look around. The wires seems to be in their correct spots. Do you have another PSU?

If nothing is running with that PSU you have, it could be that something is wrong with the PSU.

actually what you didn't see is that the pwr sw cable and so on is backwards. which is y its not turning on. nothing is wrong with the psu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom