Best Modular PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another psu you could consider is

PC POWER and COOLING Silencer 750 Quad (Copper) S75Q Power Supply Retail at ZipZoomfly

It isn't modular though so you probably don't want it but it really is a great power supply and you can't get much better then it.. Good deal on it also

How come it says "OCZ S75Q Silencer 750 Quad (Copper) 750W Continuous @ 40C Power Supply", on the bottom? Does this mean, it's not the real PC P&C?

edit:nevermind, I forgot OCZ owns PCP&C, and not the other way around.

OK besides PCP&C what would be another good manufacturer of PSU's,now im just looking for a good modular psu since i don't want cables runing everywhere

ffs just get a regular one, you can easily wrap any left over wires up and hide them, modular psu's just arent worth the extra price, there is no real advantage.

A single powerful +12v rail, which PCP&C is known for, is better suited for an SLI or Crossfire setup.

wha? i thought having dual +12v rail, whatever it means is better?

can u elaborate what u mean? I know crap about PSUs except the number of watts n efficiency lol.

wha? i thought having dual +12v rail, whatever it means is better?

can u elaborate what u mean? I know crap about PSUs except the number of watts n efficiency lol.

Single rails are better because with multiple 12v rails, some power can be wasted because a single part can only use power from a single rail (ie it can't take power from two different ones) so if it uses like 15 amps and the rail is rated for 18, 3 of those amps are wasted.. On a single rail, all the parts that run on 12v would take power from that rail and the only power wasted would be the power that the computer doesn't need..

It really isn't a big deal though 99% of the time.

well according to PCP&C site it is, although i question this info

Power Supply Myths Exposed!

which is why i still want a modular psu, I'm leaning towards the TT Toughpower 750W or 1Kw PSU,unless there is a better brand of Modular PSU, also with a modular PSU can i unsleeve their crappy sleeving job and redo it myself?

On the sleeving part..

I assume on some you could, though I remember my old OCZ 520 watt modstream modular having steel braided cable wraps.. protected it, looked awesome.. but was bloody **** trying to bend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom