Need gaming MOBO with lots of HDD ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aetherh4cker

Corrupt Techie
I'm building a computer within the next few months, and I need a good motherboard.

My requirements are:

1. I obviously want a quality motherboard that will be with me for years to come.

2. Gaming is a big thing for me. Must be a good one!

3. I like to have the option to overclock. I've been thinking ASUS would be a good brand.

4. Intel LGA 775, PCI Express x16 Video Card Port.

5. SLI: Cool if it's there, don't care if it isn't. I don't plan to use two video cards, but I guess it would be cool to have that option.

6. Here's a big one. I need it to support like 5-6 hard drives. What I have in mind is a faster primary hard drive for my OS and games, and a 5-disk RAID5 setup for my... 'stuff'...

7. I'd like it to support the faster FSB for Intel. 1333 I think it was?

8. Preferably something I can buy from Newegg.

Just would like some tips from the pros. I kind of know what to look for, kind of not.

In all honesty, I've never heard of GIGABYTE. I was really thinking ASUS. But three recommendations on the same board makes me wonder... Is GIGABYTE a good brand? Game-wise too?

What does peterhuang913 mean by PCI raid controllers? Does it not support RAID on it's own?

Gigabyte is a great brand. It's always recommended here. Especially that P35-DS3R. It's one of the best overclocking boards, for not much money, and from reviews....has very good gaming performance.

The board does support RAID on it's own. Just that some boards don't support the likes of RAID 5 or 0+1. But the one I suggested, supports those.

I'd watch out for Abit now. Those where the **** back when I started OCing. I heard there mobos are lacking now a days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom