Nice case mod on the Xaser III, (56k'rs beware, lots of pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought a good idea for a resevoir would be a box made of the same acrylic plastic (rudundant, eh?)

You could make it look like a fishtank (floating plastic fishies on the inside weehee!) and most importantly, use aquarium sealer to seal the water in it.

OR

Mount a modded (larger hoses) go-ped gas tank on it (maybe the side, if appropriate.) just thought it would make it look... faster! then you could put an "unleaded water only" sticker on it also lol

The cable "clutter", which I think looks pretty uniformal, just cramped, doesnt really matter... It's not like its cutting off his air flow - hAh!

Thanks for the comments; the dremel really is the case modders best friend.

A bay reservoir is out of the question, don’t have any room in the 5.25” bays, and only have one spare 3.5” bay. I am messing around with a few different ideas at the moment, but it’s going to stay on the top of the box. I don’t like ‘pre-built’ reservoirs anyway, they are never the right size/shape/material, never have the right connections, (I use 14mm O/D connections on the res to aid the Net Positive Suction Head on the pump inlet). Add the fact that they generally cost more than I am willing to pay for a bit of Perspex and a few fittings, and I would rather make my own.

As for the radiator on the back of the case, its easily five degrees warmer down there, thanks to the PSU and case extract spewing hot air around, so I could lose up to 5 degrees performance on the cooling. As I have the CPU, GPU and Northbridge on the loop, that is not acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom