the specs are

Intel Core Duo T7200 2.0 Ghz
2GB Ram
160 GB HD
DVDRW
15.4'' Widescreen
WIN-XP <= apparently better for what i want to do than vista

Price : $849.99

from Factory Direct so the catch is it's refurbished but i have bought a desktop from there about two or three years ago refurbished and it still works fine.

the only thing i'm worried about is the graphics card because it doesn't say anything about it

just wondering if i should get this one because of it's price, the other one i was thinking of was a more expensive $1399 dell insperon 1520 that comes with vista

what i'm using it for is basically the same as any other kid leaving for school... music, movies, world of warcraft, sc2 hopefully when it comes out and then actual school stuff like movie maker, swish max, front page, word, etc

any thoughts / opinions?

I'd say that if you want a good computer that is a lot less worry free then don't get a refurbished one. I'm going to guess that that the bargain one you're looking at doesn't have dedicated graphics and the video card is teh suckage.

I'm also assuming you don't know about the Dell coupons you can use to get that inspirion you're eying for $300 less. The code now is VH508C1F12HNSN and Expires 8/16.

You can look up other wonderful laptop bargains at Ben's Bargains - Bargains, Coupons, Freebies this is where my brother found his last lappy. This website is an index of links to other sites with good bargains outlined by a cool dude named Ben (I<3 Ben.)

Refurbed laptops are really no good unless you're really strapped for cash. Many parts aren't new, you're basically getting somebody else's reject. Plus the warranty is only 3 months.

okay and yes i heard about those coupons from another post but do you know if they work on canadian orders? (from the canadian site) and also do you know if the free ram and hard drive upgrades are also offered to canadians? because if so that would most likely finalize my laptop decision haha

Well, why don't you go through the Canadian site and try it out? I have no idea about Dell Canada, I'm just a stupid American.

i did and i'm pretty certain the free upgrades are not available but i didn't want to make a stupid mistake haha... plus with the coupons when you click on them they take you automatically to the US site so i'm not too certain on that one either

[edit] nvm just saw the thing about the code going to try that now

Refurbished just means they fixed someone elses PC. I've never had trouble with refirbished anything, just like new if you ask me.

You can prolly look up the Canadian coupons for now and find them somewhere. I'm just too lazy to do it for you.

go to cyberpowerinc.com you will get a brand new laptop with 3 year warranty for that price or a little more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom