Starting a gaming center...

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah they do, but you don't have to play using dx10, the 8800's are just good cards to begin with getting good frame rates in dx9 games. if he can afford it i think it'd be better.

and if your suggesting 7950gt's i think that the x1950xt's are a way better value.

well i just saw that he first added the 8600 gts 512mb...is that a new card? they were only like 4-6 reviews, cant exactly remember.
The people who reviewed it mentioned,that they were able to max the graphics out. It was cheaper but i dont know much about that card.
I do know 8800gts is worth it and better for games that will be coming in the future.

hah, same here. I dont know anythign about networking.
Im going to be taking a clase though this fall, or next spring semester for networking.

So sorry, im sure somone on this forum will be able to assist you.

Good luck on your game center.

Whats the location of it, maybe i could come check it ouT!!!

cpu:e6320 overclocked
mobo: msi platinum
ram: 2gb good brand
gfx: evga 8800gts 320mb once you have started up the business and made a profit upgrade to 8800gtx using the step up program
optical: shouldn't be needed as you can just buy one sata drive and transfer it between machines when first installing the operating system. To install games just install them on the main machine and copy and paste the file to the slave machines and download the no cd crack. most games you can copy and paste and they will work.
cooling: arctic freezer 7
Case: would alienate the computer from the desks and make a custom rack with a large watercooling loop being a later possibility once profit is again starting to be made. The rack would need to be about 1.5M tall
psu: now if you use the custom rack idea you could string 3-4 "computers" to one psu and get 3 enermax 1000W and one 420w corsair HX for your admin pc
Monitor: Samsung or dells or viewsonics need to be dvi due to long distance between monitor and computer.....
keyboard. If you used a Ps2 keyboard then you could set in the bios for computer to be turned on with keyboard so no power switches would be needed. Users can also conserve power by turning the pc off or into hibernate once they have finished lowering your energy bill.
hdd: 320gb seagate barracudas one per machine should be enough

networking: use a netgear switch Newegg.com - NETGEAR FSM7328S 10/100Mbps + 1000Mbps ProSafe Managed Stackable Switch 24 RJ-45 connectors for 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX 4 1000Base-T with optional SFP connectors for fiber connection RS-232 console port 16K MAC Address Table System memory:

the zonet is cheaper and had more reveiws.
But again, i havent heard of that brand and dont know antthingabout networking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom