Is dual boot best idea for now and later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really is until they release some more Extras. Which should be soon since they announced that a couple months ago. But still i got mine for free so i wont argue.

But honestly Vista Home Premium is jsut right. Got everything you need and nothing you dont. The BitLocker is pointless, espically if you lose your password, and the Texas hold em...you can download that game from just about anywhere. Just wont look as pretty. The Dreamscene is the only good thing when coupled with the dreams from wincustomise. Other than that it is pointless.

The Ultimate version was sold out fast when I first to grab a copy. But I have regretted going with the Home Premium version except for some curiosity on the hardware protection feature offered in Ultimate. That was the one single item of concern between versions. While most games including some older 2000-02 games seem to run well.

The main problem and why XP is still the primary OS is the lack of either updates or patches for softwares that otherwise won't run on the new version. But that is typical when going from any version to the next one out. 3gb isn't needed to run Vista.

It's main problem is the new added features autoloading at boot time and being a slower version like 98 was to reach the desktop as well as unloading things at shutdown time. With XP having seen the largest time gap between versions the high percentage of XP geared games and apps is staggering. And it will still see a long run since some look at Vista like an ME II flop!

My pc runs perfectly on Vista. I don't play games so that's not a problem for me. I basically use my Pc as a media center, work station (worksheets, projects etc), web surfing, Information and communication and finally for amteur web design and graphics, they are quite good though (for my age). Some programms like converters were replaced by better one's more compartible like winavi etc.

Some games are run here when not tied up with any video capturing and editing. Some old games like Return to CastleWolfenstein and Soldier of Fortune I+II run while Metal of Honor: Allied Assault and a few others may not even install on Vista.

Half Life 2's Episode One saw crashes in one locations in each of two game maps due to Creative's slow time in releasing any finished sound drivers for the Audigy line. They plan to phase those out along with EAX now geared towards OpenAL in Vista.

I was dual booting XP Pro and Vista Ultimate 32-bit for quite a while, but deleted my Vista partition because I wasn't using it anymore.

I found having only MS Office installed on my Vista partition made it very easy to get work done, because I didn't have any other games or software on my computer to distract me.

While having Vista up and ready here I stymied back to XP to get things done since the tv tuner card also used for video capturing only has XP not Vista ready software available. For games most here went on easy enough with one or two refusing to even install. But that's no surprise since upgrading from 98SE to XP or 95 to 98SE saw the exact same dilemna for the most part.

I still keep the Classic Windows theme on Vista and was not even impressed by XP's style let alone the new aero styling seen in Vista. Many rushed out to get Vista styles for XP and then saw problems getting rid of them afterwards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom