Monitor turn off

Status
Not open for further replies.

xstealthstriker

Baseband Member
I've had this happen a couple of times recently. My monitor will just shut off automatically. Sometimes if I try wiggling the video card around it'll turn back on, but I tried to do that another time and had no success. It always seems to work only if I turn my computer off, then will the monitor turn back on (without touching any connections). Does anybody know what the problem/fix is? Thanks.

What video card do you have? Is it connect via analog or digitally?

What driver and monitor are you using?

What OS are you using? OSX, Vista, XP, Linux, etc?

Video Card: Sapphire 9600 Pro

Connection: Not sure what the difference is, but I think analog.

Driver & Monitor: Uh, not sure what driver, but the Monitor is some old Dell Trinitron. It's not the monitors problem i'm sure as I've swapped it with my Dads and have had no problems.

I'm pretty sure it's the connection, but I'm really not sure how to fix it. I mean also if it were the connection, I'm not sure why it will work if I shut down my computer.

Thanks for the help.

so have you tried the card in a different system?

w00t 1000th post

If you wiggle the card and it comes back on then more than likely the problem is the card is not inseted properly.

Take the card out and then clean it, after that put it back in ( you will hear a "click" when its inserted correctly )

If that doesn't solve your issue then maybe you have a faulty wire or monitor (imo).

Also if you have any other cards like wireless, please clean and re-insert

EDIT: ALSO PLEASE UPGRADE TO SP2 !!! (CHRIST ><)

The other cards shouldn't be a problem in this matter. It could be that the VGA is defective. Try connecting the VGA to your dad's computer as what nickm926 has suggested you to do. If the VGA doesn't work with your dad's computer, then that might be the problem. But also remember to check to see if you plugged it into the DVI-D port or VGA/D sub port. If you plugged it into the VGA/D sub port, try connecting it into the DVI-D port with a VGA/D sub port adapter.

i hada problem with a TFT monitor, it would display "WinFast" (which is the brand of my mobo) then just cut out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom