blue screen of death! help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CASPER087

Beta member
hey everyone. my friend got a dell inspiron 6000 and its a pretty nice laptop and he got the stop screen. i researched all night last night but cant exactly find a solution to fix it. the problem is that he doesnt have the original cds except the drivers cd and his step mom burnt a boot disk but i tried going into the bios and booting up from the cd drive but it still wont work. i currently dont have the comp but my friends bringing it back soon. the message only i can remember is the STOP (OOXOOOOO) or something like that ill post it up when he gets back. but if get this thing fixed i can basically keep it because his mom just ordered another one, so help me out please. any suggestions or anything would be appreciated. im not that good on computers but can understand some stuff. thanks.

what operating system is it running? if you have a personal copy of the OS assuming it is xp you can use that disk to run a repair on the OS.

have a friend with a copy needs to be the same ie sp2 pro or home. Or call Microsoft and get a replacement. I thik it is like $20.

you think that would deff work though because his step mom burnt a boot disk and it didnt work but i dont know if somethings wrong with the cd or not. but is there any other way to fix it then ordering the cd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom