Gaming build, need some comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I did some modifications based off of your suggestions. I changed the Mobo, and went with one recommended to me by someone who is building a similar PC. If you got input on it, let me know.

I threw the CD drive on there with the 24'' cable. I also changed the GPU to the 8800GTS. (WOOT) Changed ram to vernong's suggestion.

I added the Rosewill RP-550 on there, but I'm wondering if I will have to replace it eventually?

Let me know if you see anything else that could possibly be changed.

its good, but i don't think it can handle an immense overclock or a 9-series, not an expert with PSU's but u might wanna look into that Antec i mentioned earlier:

Newegg.com - Antec True Power Trio TP3-650 ATX12V 650W Power Supply with Three 12V Rails 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, FCC, TUV, CE, C-tick, CCC, CB - Retail

its got decent railing, but if u need a future PSU for mass upgrades, u wanna look into this:

Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 EPS12V EPS12V 610W Continuous @ 40°C Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, cUL, CE, CB, TUV - Retail

that thing is legendary in the world of PSU's and thats an amazing deal... but its still $140... which is somewhat pricey..

Hrm this may sound like a noobish question, but what are you refering to when you mention the 9 series?

I doubt I'm going to do incredible amounts of overclocking right away either.

When we refer to the 9 series, we mean Nvidia's upcoming GeForce 9 series, such as the 9800GTX or GTS.

Ok that's what I thought. I doubt I'll be going that high anytime soon, I'll probably stick with the 8800gts for awile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom