I need help with some technical problems-Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

bball3212

Beta member
Well I have a brand new laptop just out of the box.
Specs
Intel Core duo 2.0 GHz
Video: 8600m GT
RAM: 2 GBs
160 GB harddrive
I dunno what else is important

Anyways, everything works fine most of the time. Its when I use the computer after having it off or on sleep after a while. When I do, after a few minutes all of sudden the screen will turn a green color with green vertical lines and will sometimes also turn red during the same time and back to green. This will freeze everything up and I have to restart. (It will usually do it a second time too, but after that it is all smooth sailing.)

I have DirectX 10, I have all the latest drivers, etc. I am using vista home basic.

Any help is appreciated.

PS the color green I see reminds me of when in my old computer the computer would like test the colors and it would turn green and red for a second...it is not a solid green but rather like a wave type if that makes any sense

Hello,

What laptop is it? Also, any chance you cold take a picture of the phenomenon and post it?

Also, by restart do you mean a hard shutdown (such as keeping hold of the power button to turn it off)?

It may be faulty, and you may need to get a replacement.

Sounds like a faulty gfx card to me. nVidia just announced that they know of a issue with the 8800 series line. Could be you have a problem card and need to get a replacement.

well Ill try to take a picture next time, and it is a dell inspiron 1520.

It seems weird it would work 99% of the time and just do it after the computer hasnt been used...Ive played WoW etc on it with no problem

and the best example I could find in a quick search was this
http://files.tyndale.com/thpdata/images--covers/500 h/978-1-4143-1213-2.jpg

if you notice that green static in the background and imagine vertical lines going through it

In the event viewer it registered as the following:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2007-08-05T14:02:54.964Z" />
<EventRecordID>4431</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>AdamSanders-PC</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData />
</Event>

I dont know if you have any idea what that means, but I had it go search the internet but the microsoft site said there was no info available on such an error. It says the source is the kernel power.

Sounds like a bad battery. Better send it back for repair and get it fixed before it blows up or soemthing bad like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom