Case layout

Status
Not open for further replies.
ooo...nice ideas...

Oh I got a question about cutting those LED wires. I have some blue LED fans, that annoys me. Do I just cut the wires, and the lights are off? I think the answer is obvious, but I just want to make sure.

ooo...nice ideas...

Oh I got a question about cutting those LED wires. I have some blue LED fans, that annoys me. Do I just cut the wires, and the lights are off? I think the answer is obvious, but I just want to make sure.
well yeah, if the LED's aren't getting power, they won't shine.

The only question is whether or not the fans need the LED's in the circuitin order to run. They shouldn't, but if they do, you can always just solder the cut wires together.

Okay, this is what I have in mind at the moment:
caselayoutv1.1.png

So you moved the DVD-R/RW to the bottom and added another fan to the top, that nice! :D Well, maybe if you can mod the 5.25 drive bays to add another intake fan, that would be awesome! ;) Is there going to be an exhaust fan?!?!?

I was thinking about putting a 120mm fan on the side of the caes, blowing on the video card. But with the four 120mm fans at the front, do you think it will really need it?

*edit*
I got a sheet (600mmx900mm) of perspex which I can use to make a window
perspex.jpg

I think I'll turn this thread into my worklog once I get my case.

Hmm, well I think the 2 120mm fans on the right side of your HDD's will probably be cooling the HDD which leaves with only 2 HDD's blowing at your motherboard. I'm guessing modding your side panel to add about 1-2 more 120mm's wouldn't hurt since it'll blow on your VGA, motherboard and out through the top exhaust fans.

I'd say, monitor the temperatures without the addition of the side intake. If it's not satisfying, then add one. With already 8 fans, I hope you don't mind the noise. But I guess since those are quiet fans you're using, it's not going to be that loud.

Hmm, well I think the 2 120mm fans on the right side of your HDD's will probably be cooling the HDD which leaves with only 2 HDD's blowing at your motherboard.
Hehe, only two 120mm fans.

What I'm really aiming for is for it to be clean. I think that adding a 120mm fan to the side may make it look a bit more crowded. Unless I put it in the very corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom