Status
Not open for further replies.

QuaziBee

Daemon Poster
Perspective hardware:
Mobo GA-P35-DS3R
CPU e6750
RAM G.Skill 800mhz 4-4-4-12 stock (2gb)

The cpu runs stock at 333x8 for its 2.6ghz rating, the ram runs 400x2 for its 800mhz. I would like to establish and maintain a 1:1 ratio while pushing to 4ghz and possibly beyond. Pushing the CPU and RAM to 500x(x) gives me 4.0ghz and 1000mhz respectively, I should be able to keep the 4-4-4-12 timings with a voltage increase. The board is rated to 1066 ram speed and I would like to take advantage of that. squeezing out 533x(x) for cpu and ram yields 4.26ghz and the board maxed 1066mhz. I realize I may have to loosen the timings a little bit to run this stably and I'm not sure how much.

Now I have 3 questions. Does this look like a feasible OC given the hardware involved? Which timings should I start to loosen first (as in 4-5-4-12 or 5-5-4-12 and on up, I want to stay below 5-5-5-15 if possible)? And does anybody know the maximum voltage that mobo will allow for ram oc's?

Pre-Answers:
I do not want a QuadCore processor.
I am not set on this equipment so recommendations are welcome.
I will have good cooling.
Schrödinger's Cat is dead, that was like 70 years ago.

How much of a performance hit is it to use a ratio other than 1:1. I can achieve some great ocing action at a 5:4 ratio 4.0ghz @500x8 and 800mhz with 3-3-3-9 timings on the ram, I have seen these in reviews and stress tests at 2.35v.

I'm just eager for input.

Bumpity.

Maby buy a RAM thats stock at 1066 and oc from there...

Bonus points to the one that knows what event of significance happened in the year 1066ad.

I think you can push that pretty darn far.

I messed around a bit with OC'ing my rig the other day, I ended up setting it back @ stock speeds until I decide to do it right and put thought into it.

You should be able to push that sucker pretty far, aslong as you have good cooling. I got mine from 2.4 to 2.8 with no problems. I was running a 5:4 ratio with 4-4-4-15 on my OCZ.

I'm guessing I can get atlesat 3.0ghz, if not a bit more depending on cooling. So you should be able to get towards 4.0ghz,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom