help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I took the card out and it was extremely dusty. The temp dropped to about 50 degrees celsius after I got rid of the dust.

I still put it in my other computer and it had lag so its the graphics card.

It takes about 10-20 minutes for the lag to start and then it just gets worse.

I am not overclocking cause that would void the warranty right?

Anywho thank you guys for all your help. I just contacted EVGA and hope they give me a replacement since I have a lifetime warranty.

Oh and I know that 70 degrees isn't good for this card. I don't know what drugs that guy was on but whatever.

Its only in games that I notice anything wrong. Other than that this card is good. This card would be great for a business or something but I am a gamer so I need a good card.

I'm not sure if overclocking voids warranty's (don't think it does) but to be safe just get the replacement.

If your replacement shows no difference then i would just assume you need to overclock to get effective performances.

Oh just asking, you do have the latest video drivers and have your video settings for gaming not at the highest performance (have you tried everything on low?)

i have the latest drivers. I want to overclock the new graphics card but won't if it voids the warranty.

I used to be able to play NFSC on high settings but now I can't without graphics lag. I didn't try the settings on low but I bet that it will be about 30 minutes to 1 hour before it starts lagging if its going to.

does overclocking hurt the gpu?

It don't say anything about overclocking on evga's website. Just says if the gpu is scratched or damaged then the graphics card can't be replaced.

Unless you do something ridiculously out of the Gfx cards capabilities then you can't really damage it by overclocking.

If your going to overclock then i would recommend talking to a friend or some form of other support than me (just incase i f*k it :D )

my friend said it will void the warranty. I think if you overclock a tad it won't void it cause it might be harder or even impossible for them to detect.

Hey guys I am not listening to my friends anymore. I e-mailed EVGA and they said OVERCLOCKING doesn't void the WARRANTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom