help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
Computer 2 in my sig.

Whenever I play Need For Speed Carbon the computer lags i guess is how you put it. The car moves faster and then slower so its extremely hard to beat the game. I beat it 2-3 times allready but I lost the saved games.

I just wanted to know what you guys think is happening? What computer part could be doing that?

Its only Need For Speed Carbon that does that. Sometimes I get the windows xp error saying send now or don't send.

I hope its not very costly or the part that is going bad is under warranty.

The game played fine before on this system. The graphics settings in the game aren't all on high cause high did the same thing. I used to be able to play it on high settings so I know something is going.

Oh and I NEVER OVERCLOCKED this system. I am thinking its the Mobo or CPU.
I would say graphics card but I don't see anything wrong with the graphics.

should I run a temperature program in the backround? what program would be best?

Computer 1 in my sig works great on high settings.

I just used everest ultimate edition and the load is 55 degrees celsius and when I went back to everest the gpu temp isn't there anymore.

Does that mean its the graphics card?

The motherboard stayed at 32 degrees Celsius.

I just restarted everest and now its saying 68 degrees celcius. Don't know if thats bad or not. The cpu is the same as it was when I put it in which is 25 degrees celsius and cpu core 1 is 37 degrees celcius and core 2 is 31 degrees celcius.

yeah that is the graphics card temp. So I should get a new one?

I think mine is still under warranty cause i think it has a lifetime warranty.

If I buy a better cooler and put it on I know that don't void the warranty but if I do that and overclock will that void the warranty?

I will buy it if i get about 10-20 degrees celcius colder.

The guy at evga on the phone said that 70 degrees celcius is normal for the evga geforce 7600gt ko.

He told me to try the card in another computer and then if the same thing happens I can RMA it yeah.

As if 70 degrees if fine.

Anything imo above 60 degrees usually ruins the piece of hardware.

If you have overclocks on then try and lower them or take them off completely to see if they are the cause of the high temperature.

Also look here at my problem that was solved due to some cleaning. You never no, it could just be a dust clog in your fans or maybe a cooler :eek:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/dying-inside-150287/ <---- That was my problem (click)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom