Ram only showing 480....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric5000

Baseband Member
Hey guys. I just bought a stick of DDR 2700 512 ram. And when I put it in, it showed it was 512 in the my computer properties. But now it's only showing I have 480mb. What's the matter?

-Eric

are you checking your total ram, or ramspace left? cause after a while, the "ram space left" area will decrease.. but total should always say 512.

Hmmm, How do I know what's total? I've looked the ram up in dxdiag, my computer properties, and when it boots up. It only shows 480 in all of them. I just installed it last night...

-Eric

get a program called sandra 2004. shows your your computer hardware fragment by fragment. dxdiag, windows proporties, etc.. simply do not show sufficient fields of computer specs.

"Game of DDR...."

I've had this issue before Check your BIOS to make shure that it's detecting the amount you have... It might have decreased as a precautionary Measure...:cool:

If you have an integrated video card, 32MB of your 512 is allocated to the video card, leaving you with 480MB for your programs to use.

Ohhhh that makes sense! So what does that do for my video card? Anything?? Because I know that when I was playing AA it was making my cpu heat up alot because my video card was bad. Will that make it better or not?

-Eric

Get a new video card. Integrated cards, for lack of better a better word, suck. Integrated cards use system RAM and processor power for graphics, and have the lowest FPS of any video card. PC manufaturers use them to cut costs while fooling people who don't know anything about computers, such as the "GeForce FX Integrated GPU" featured in HP computers. What brand is your PC?

Haha- I was going to give you my other link- but it seems you found it. Haha! Anyways. My mobo is a Asus X series. I know the card isn't very good.

-Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom