Hello,
I have a
evga 8600 gs 256 video card,
2 wd 2500 hds
1 barracuda 7200.10 SATA 3.0Gb/s 320-GB Hard Drive
Amd athlon 64 3700+
1 gig of ram
and a 450 Watts PSU
I was wondering is this power suply is enough. I currently don't have the 3rd HD in because when I put it in last time it told me my Video card didn't get enough power. Is this do to not a big enough power supply or is it probably something else.
Thanks a lot
Cirkum

Which type of PSU is that? If its a cheap one, you need to buy a new one. It may say 450w but it really can't supply that much power at the normal operating temperature.

That should be enough, if it's a quality power supply. What brand is it?

I got a FSP (Fortron Source) 400w...powering a 3700+, 2gb of ram, X1950PRO, 2 HDDs, and and optical drive.

If its an Antec, it should have more than enough power for your system unless there is something wrong with it.

What does it do when you turn it on?

If its an Antec, it should have more than enough power for your system unless there is something wrong with it.

What does it do when you turn it on?

personally i never trust it even if it had a Corsair PSU and it was stock... but hopefully ur one of the lucky ones

If you can get your hands on a bigger PSU even to borrow from a friend or family member, you can rule out a power supply problem.

Thanks For the Replies,
I thought it was probably enough but I just need just reassurence that I wasn't going to hurt the hardware. I believe I fixed the video card problem so it is all fine now.
Thanks A lot
Cikrum

If you can get your hands on a bigger PSU even to borrow from a friend or family member, you can rule out a power supply problem.

wrong there is no need to buy a bigger psu just for the sake of it you should buy a good brand then you can rule out psu issues just because I have a 1000W psu doesn't mean its not going to fail.

To OP can I reccomend you try and sell your 8600gt they're a dud card if you sell it now then you can make your money back and then buy either a ati x1950 or a 8800gts 320mb. You should do it now because you don't want to be caught out by people going for the 9 series and prices drop every day....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom