Need a few parts for a HTPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good question... the dimensions and shipping weight are different. The transistors are also different between the two. Other then that, I can't really see a difference, but I'm sure there is one.

Err oops. DSL3 supports DDR2 800 and S3L supports only DDR2 1066. 1066 RAM is like 40$ more.

they will both support DDR1066 regardless of what is says.

Get a Brisbane 3600 or some sort of X2 with a arctic 64 pro and 1 gig of DDR667 Ram. If you have a TV tuner or download a lot of movies, hard drive space is where your going to want to put some money. I recommend 2 or 3 320GB or 400GB hard drives.

What is a good motherboard to go with the 3600?
I already have an external HD where I keep most of my files so there is no need for additional HDs.

And no games will ever be played on it.

What is a good motherboard to go with the 3600?
I already have an external HD where I keep most of my files so there is no need for additional HDs.

And no games will ever be played on it.

heres a list:

biostar tforce7025
biostar tforce550
evga 590

After a little searching, the D in DS3L stands for the Ultra-Durable feature. So the S3L ovbiously doesn't have Ultra-Durable. My question is though, does the DS3L have the same overclocking capabilities as the DS3R? And is that Ultra-Durable really something?...or just a gimmick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom