Best Modular PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that you still haven't looked at my PSU Guide. As I suggested in the very first post.

For shame...
And Again your specs would fall udner high end gamming computers.

ya... truth be told i'm not surprised... nobody (except regulars like us( checks out the Tutorials of Stickies....

do you by chance happen to know the efficiency rating on the corsair PSU's?

and what do you think is the BEST psu in the 650-750W range? something with high efficiency, reliability, stablility.

do you by chance happen to know the efficiency rating on the corsair PSU's?

and what do you think is the BEST psu in the 650-750W range? something with high efficiency, reliability, stablility.

Corsair's 620HX and 520HX, have up to 84% efficiency.

The best power supply in the 650-750W range, is no doubt, the PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610W or 750W.

would that be quieter or louder then the 520hx? seems like the PCPC has a much smaller fan, and probably spins at a higher rpm

I would assume it's quiet, since it's the Silencer series, and I wouldn't doubt PC P&C. Ask Ste. He has the Silencer 610w.

well thanks, just looking for a couple upgrade possibilities in the next few months...maybe another pc for my living room...or build a better one and leave this thing in the living room

FYI, a while ago on theinquirer.net, they recently said that quad-sli is so far dead trying to work with Vista, so i would recommend either waiting for the 9800 series to come out or get urself an 8800 GTX.

sry if im off topic about PSUs, i just had to get this off my chest after i read the very first post.

I already have the cards in posession,if i wanted an 8800gtx id get it but im waiting for my contact to get it for me for the street price

I guess you guys should read it too since Hipers don't even fall into the high end gaming pcs :eek:

The simple version: (Power supply brands will be listed From best to Acceptable in Desending order, Many brands will not be mentioned)

Super Micro
PC Power and cooling
Etasis
Zippy
Seasonic
Corsair
Silverstone
Coolermaster( High wattage and Real Power series/models Only)
OCZ Technologies (Excluding Modstream Line)
Enermax
Enhance
Fortron (FSP)
Antec
Mushkin
Tagan
Hiper (Type R and Type M only)

Absolute Low End Builds or You're A Cheapskate.

ThermalTake
Fortron (FSP)
Coolmax (Green Line And Taurus Series only)
Sunbeam
AOpen
Zalman
Nexus
Sparkle
Rosewill
Inwin (FSP Models only)
Power-Man (FSP models only)
Raidmax (Topower and Tagan Models only)

uh huh.... ^

Status
Not open for further replies.