The P-35 DS3R New system build thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, has anybody bought the P35 DS3"P"? Looks like basically the same board as the DS3"R", but with Firewire, native (non-OC) 1066 memory support (my memory is only 800 anyway), and a different fin structure (still not a fan) on the NB (same NB/SB chipsets).

I was looking at it to have a firewire option - not sure if it's worth the extra $20 or if there are any potential down sides to that MB. Anybody own it, have any thoughts in comparison to the DS3R?

anyone have any progress on their builds? My build has been delayed due to the fact I still can't find a g0 q6600. Im trying to wait till my local frys gets one ( they sell q6600 for a low 290 ) but if they dont get it ill go tank guys for august 10th. Im not taking a "chance" and ordering NCIX or newegg or any place that doesn't gaurentee g0. Sure theres not THAT much differance between them, but like i said I havent waited this long just to get a b3 q6600.

im building in a week,

p35 ds3r
8800gts 320
corsairs 520hx
g.skill 2gb hz
e6750
tuniq 120
seagate 7200.10

I ordered the parts and should be getting them this week. Pretty similar to the guy above me.

p35 DS3R
8800GTS 320
Corsair 620
2GB Curcial Ballstix DDR2 800
e6750
Tuniq 120
2 320 GB Segate 7200.10 in RAID 0
all in a Cooler Master Stacker

I finished my build with the p35 ds3r. Specs in signature. Overclocking the e6750 was a breeze, and the temperatures on with the g0 are amazing. Hopefully I can take some pictures of my build when I get my camera repaired, or if I could borrow camera.

I finished my build with the p35 ds3r. Specs in signature. Overclocking the e6750 was a breeze, and the temperatures on with the g0 are amazing. Hopefully I can take some pictures of my build when I get my camera repaired, or if I could borrow camera.

WTF wow you got an amazing score for benchmark 2006, is this not only OCing the processor but the ram and video card? I also have a 8800 GTX and am still confused about how to overclock properly, do you just keep raising the core/memory settings by a 1:2 ratio or something?

correct unless, ur still running a wayy old system like me, i think i can burn out my system... but i'm not gonna try lol[/quote

well i meantr nowadays meaning like nowadays equiptment but yeah and old system would like a pentium III or celeron

Built mine last night. Swapped out my e6600 and asus p5k vanilla for this board and q6600. Still running on the stock heatsink with no overclocking atm. Seems to run fairly well. I think the temps are hovering around 45 idle though :( Of course after putting the system back together, the dvi port on my monitor decided it didnt want to work anymore.

Built mine last night. Swapped out my e6600 and asus p5k vanilla for this board and q6600. Still running on the stock heatsink with no overclocking atm. Seems to run fairly well. I think the temps are hovering around 45 idle though :( Of course after putting the system back together, the dvi port on my monitor decided it didnt want to work anymore.

it may not be the DVI port if the monitor won't turn on....somehow I fried my first DS3R so I had to RMA it for a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom