Dumbest Mod you've made to get your pc to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just cut the power switch cable on my case, soldered it back together and whola it works!

Ohh! I got one! On my old Full Tower Antec I somehow broke the power button. So I put the reset button on the power pins and now use my reset button as my power button! Woo go me! :cool:

Best part is, if that happened to the typical PC user, they would probably buy a new PC or call Dell/HP/Lenovo.

As am I, but was wondering if it was possilbe to do it with Windows. I have puppy linux on a USB stick for just in case purposes.

doubt you could with windows, i think i tried it on my Ipod once and it didnt show up as a drive

It was Ubuntu Linux. Though it could be done with windows via BARTpe I believe.

lol. I got one. My old pc had a crummy amd stock heatsink, and i was waiting for my case to come in, so i decided to try and put my scythe ninja on my skt A board, and to my suprise, the heatpipes were getting caught on some of the capacitors. so I desoldered about three of them, got some cat5 wires and made about a 3in extention peice for each one. it worked for about a week, then i look into the case, see it drop down, hit my fan, rip the wire, pos wire slings into case, and frys processor....tsk tsk tsk ductape, your sposed to hold everything. (i dont think my lazyness to solder wrong helped either, one drop and tape usualy holds everything.

then my power button broke so i went to the garage and got a big red killswitch from a weedeater and put it on there, ooh then I put a 120mm fan onto a 7,200rpm hdd motor. it ram good for about a minute, then the motor got hot and melted the hot glue, and the **** fan took off like a ufo and hit a picture, knocking it off the wall and shattering the fan into peices. that was funny, where was my camera when i needed it? oh yea, locked in my paranoid fathers room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom