I'm about to throw my computer out of the window, then pee on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtis

Daemon Poster
Check my sig for my hardware.

I have absolutely NO idea what the problem is. It was working just fine the other day.

It would POST, go to the window loading screen, then all of the sudden, the monitor would say "No signal". Everything's on, the video card's fan is even still on. So the computer's fine.

I booted it into safe mode and it works just fine, so I know it's not a hardware problem.

This tells me it's a driver issue. I've tried three seperate drivers and none of them work, only the generic one to boot into windows after I un-install the driver, or I boot into Safe Mode.

Does anyone have any idea at all what the problem could be?
-----------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: I've tried the driver off of the disk that came with the video card and two I've found online.

I'm also running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

Which version of the nVidia 8 series driver did you download?

I recommend the 158.22 drivers: ForceWare Windows XP/Media Center Edition

Futuremark also recommends that driver to run their 3dmark06

Also make sure you completely uninstall the old drivers as you may have old driver files left over, corrupting your video drivers. In addition to testing new drivers I'd also recommend that you test your 8800 with other monitors to see if this problem persists.

Hahaha. Wow.

I'm so confused right now it's not even funny.

I ran and got a new video card. Re-formated, installed winodws, installed driver, same thing happened again.

I'm like wow, I have no idea what the ****'s going on. It'll boot into safemode and boot into normal windows with a generic driver, but not a nvidia driver.

So I'm like hmm...I wonder if that guy's right and it is the montior.

I turn off mine, plug another one in, and BAM, it works!!!

Then I'm like WTF M8!

So I plug mine back in, and it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have NO clue what's going on. And honestly, I don't care.

I think I just have to turn my monitor on and back off or something.

I'm just glad this issue's resolved.

Nothing's more frusterating then shelling out hard earned cash and having things not go right haha.

hmm urinating on a computer

Be careful because somebody went to the hospital for peeing on a PS2 while it was plugged in the socket while they were drunk just because he gotten a PS3. Just make sure everything is unplugged.

Be careful because somebody went to the hospital for peeing on a PS2 while it was plugged in the socket while they were drunk just because he gotten a PS3. Just make sure everything is unplugged.

lolzzz............. where did u hear that? I hope that teaches them a lesson not to mess with electricity.

That's true, I actually read about the exact same thing.

The guy was drunk and had a party. He had gotten a PS3 and decided to pee on the PS2 when he was drunk.

are you saying that he was electrocuted through his ****? If so Mythbusters def proved that electricity cant flow through pee unless its a huge and steady stream equivalent to a water hose...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom