need sudgestions for upgrades, plz help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
Ok, so lately i havnt been happy witht he performance of my PC. I can play games with good FPS for like 15min then it goes to ****. I just want my PC to run great, and play games with no problems. here is what I have, what do you guys thing i should upgrade?

KN8 SLI socket 939mobo (I will not get a new motherboard though)
AMD 64bit 3200+
x1600 pro 512mb (if i should get a new vid card, I will get the 8800GTS 640mb)
2gb ram

SO please help me, what should i upgrade???? I WANT MY PC TO RUN GOOD! AND PLAY GAMES WITH GREAT FPS!!! :D

If you want to make an upgrade worth your money, I would strongly recommend getting a new motherboard, why dont you want to?

Whats your budget? You should upgrade to a dual core processor, and get a better graphics card.

Don't get the 640mb, because it's not that much better than the 320mb version.

i would say 300$ budget what mobos' should i be looking at? i would really like to use all of my old parts, i would get a new CPU though

What you could upgrade to...is an X2 or Opteron processor, if budget doesn't allow for the 8800GTS, then the x1950xt.

What is your power supply?

Get a new motherboard so you can fit the core2duo processors on. If you aren't looking to overclock you don't necessarily need to spend so much on a P35 DS3R. Look on newegg. There are a line of duo processors ranging from the affordable to the expensive. If you think you can shell out some more money you can invest in the q6600. For the graphics card you could look at the 8800gts 320MB, more affordable graphics card which is still good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom