Need suggestions of building pc is recommended

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, i like the look of it way better. Looks more sleek.
Will i have to buy any additional fans? for the side vent?

And if i get all these items you suggested, will i be able to max out every games settings? Especially crytek, cod4 and maybe some of the newer ones?

And is their a good deal on new egg for monitors? Since i will be able to max the resolution i wanna see how much better it can get.
And to oc the gtx to the ultras potential will i need any after market cooling?

since im running xp and vista on two separate hdd, ill prolly need a bigger one for my vista since the one im using is only 40gb.
Any good hdd you can suggest me on? over 200 gb since.
Do you think its worth getting a sound card?

krazyq said:
Will i have to buy any additional fans? for the side vent?
You will not need any additional fans, but it's a nice idea to add one, if you want.

krazyq said:
Do you think its worth getting a sound card?
It's not necessary, because onboard sound these days, are pretty decent for the average user. Unless you're really picky about sound.

krazyq said:
i put everything you suggested in consideration.
Its still really tempting to just build a whole new pc...and if i do, this is what i came up with...

Newegg.com - Sony NEC Optiarc Black 18X DVD+R 6X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 18X DVD±R DVD Burner, OEM Version - OEM
Newegg.com - Antec Performance One P180B Black 0.8mm cold rolled steel for durability through the majority of chassis 1.0mm cold rolled steel around the 4 x HDD area ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Newegg.com - EVGA 768-P2-N831-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 620W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Retail
Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail

total comes up to 1574 and then-90 in rebates.

Hows that build?
lol...yea...since you kept asking for additional components...might as well get a new computer. Sell that current rig of yours, for some extra money. Or keep it as a backup plan.

The build is awesome. Guaranteed to max out any game right now, and probably upcoming games....just as long as you don't play at resolutions like 1920 x 1200.

Since you're getting the Q6600, I would recommend the Tuniq, instead of the AF7 Pro. Especially if you plan to overclock, which you should. Heres the link:
Newegg.com - Tuniq Tower 120 P4 & K8 CPU Cooler - Retail

krazyq said:
And is their a good deal on new egg for monitors? Since i will be able to max the resolution i wanna see how much better it can get.
Here are great monitors, based on price:
High priced - Smasung 226BW 22" 2ms
Mid priced - LG L206WTY-BF 20" 2ms
Low priced - BenQ FP202W V3 20" 5ms

krazyq said:
And to oc the gtx to the ultras potential will i need any after market cooling?
You will only need an aftermarket cooler, if the temperatures from the GTX are over the high 80C range, on load. In my opinion the stock coolers, do pretty good for themselves. Even with overclocking.

for the cpu cooler...would the zalman 9700 be better?

And for my current rig, i could put it in my parents room and put it back the way it was.
I would have to sell :

1-7900gs
2-opteron 165
3- new mobo
4-1gb corsair value ram
5-arctic cooler freezer pro
I think thats is.

And should i buy some thermal paste?
And since you said its good to add a fan, what size fan should i get and where can i add it on that case.
I was looking at the most recent reviews for that case, and all of them are getting the p182.

so i guess i dont need a fan on the cpu then?

I was reading a lot on whether to get the e6750 or q6600, and some people said that the c2d will play games better than the quad, bur the quad will be better at multi tasking is that true?

And for those monitors, i was thinking of BenQ, since it is the cheapest, I was wondering if their is a big difference between 20-22inch and if their is a big diff between 2ms.5ms?

There is no big difference between 2ms-8ms. Well 2" more inches, might be a bigger difference, but not by much.

As of now, the e6750 will play games better than the q6600....but soon, upcoming games will support more cores, such as Crysis. I've heard that it takes advantage of the quad core, as well as supporting dual core.

The Tuniq has a fan. It's inside.

o yeah sorry, i just looked at the pics... ITS HUGE.
A lot of people are having problems fitting that monster.
Also, does it come with a good thermal paste, or will i have to replace it?
Same for gfx card?

Well im going to find out how much newegg will be able to give me depending on my credit.

I might try getting a monitor from best buy if the new egg budget doesnt fit, since my dad has a credit card over there.

And from the parts i told you that i need to sell, how much do you think i can get from them?
each of those parts are between 1-2months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom