Small case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uberg

Baseband Member
My friend wants to upgrade his graphics card, as its a bit slow on newer games.

I said i'd help out as he doesn't know where to start. But we ran into a problem. His case is half the width of a normal one. So the panels on that back that you unscrew to put graphics cards etc in are SMALLER than standard ones.

Where can i find half size graphics cards? And what is a good one? There seems be very limited availability.

He wishes to spend between £50 and £80. Only more expensive if it's exceptional value for money.

...I've never even heard of anything like that...

I mean, I've used shuttles, but they use standard PCI/AGP cards...

What is the current specs on that Dell? What is the current graphic card? I doubt you'll get a good graphic card, to fit in there, because most of the graphic cards that will play games well, are rather large.

I googled around a bit and found that they make "low profile" cards for those cases. Not sure where you'd find one, though.

I'd consider just moving it into a shuttle case if I were you.

Thanks a lot guys. Those cards are the right size to fit in the case, but the metal strip with the outputs on are still the standard size and won't fit in the case :(

I suggested he bought a new case, but he said he'd only worry about upgrading if it was just his graphics card.

I can't remember what his specs are, and he's on holiday for a couple of weeks so i can't find out just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom